Post Date: 03/23/2017 2017-03-23 Job ID: 8148 Category: Technology
- The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners. This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases.
- These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
- This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows systems that support SCADA infrastructure; Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management;
- Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Responsibilities: 1. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- 2. Install and configure systems that supports SCADA infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- 3. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- 4. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- 5. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- 6. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- 7. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- 8. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- 9. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted customers.
- 10. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience. (Typically four years of additional related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor' s degree.
- A minimum of four years additional directly related technical experience is required.)
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Microsoft.