- Performs delegated activities to assist in the care of the patients in the operating room/procedure rooms.
- Under the supervision of a RN and in collaboration with the surgeon, the technologist functions primarily in the scrub role. Is responsible for selecting, preparing, and maintaining instrumentation, equipment, and supplies.
- Provides a safe, efficient environment for the surgical patient.
- Applies and enforces principles of aseptic technique and adapts to unpredictable situations within the perioperative setting.
- Works flexible hours, including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays and has on-call responsibilities in a six-week work schedule.
- Graduation from an accredited and/or hospital approved surgical technology program.
- CST for neuro, 10hr shifts
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- One year of clinical experience preferred.
- Certification in Surgical Technology from either the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) required and maintained thereafter.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Must be certified and have a current BLS