St. Cloud, Minnesota
Job Description/ Duties:
- The primary focus of this position is to rotate into all areas of the surfacing department, creating the power of the lenses according to Doctor specification.
- Duties of this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgment.
- Specific duties for this position include taping and blocking the lenses, generating, pulling tools, fining and polishing, and lens washing.
- Supervision ranges from close to general.
- Percentage of Time All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed: Surfacing Blocker: Utilize the blocking machine to accurately secure a block to all lenses going through the surfacing department.
- Operate taping equipment to apply protective tape to the front of the lenses. 20%
- Generator Operator: Operate the generator machine used to cut the lenses to the correct prescription. 20%
- Surface Finer/Polisher: Operate the equipment used to fine and polish all lenses going through the surfacing department. 20%
- Tool Puller: Numerically locate the correct tools for polishing and fining and place them in the appropriate tray. Return tools to rack once complete. 15%
- Lens Washer: Hand wash and dry lenses followed by a brief cosmetic inspection of the lenses. Grasp lens with deblocking cup and strike against table to remove block from lenses. Remove tape from lenses. 15%
- Spin Coat Operator: Operate the coating machine to apply spin coat and perform a cosmetic inspection of the lenses. 10%
- Remove swarf bag and place in proper area as needed.
- Make adjustments to the lenses to correct issues such as sharp edges by grasping the lens and using a bevel wheel to remove the sharp edge.
- Perform other duties within the surfacing department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 lbs to waist height unaccompanied.
- Occasionally lift and move up to 15 lb above shoulder height unaccompanied and 35 lbs to waist height unaccompanied.
- Regularly stand/walk for the duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to sit, stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Fast paced, production environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
- Regularly required to work with or around chemicals.
- Work area may be wet/dirty.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- 2-5 years previous related experience and/or training helpful.
- Language Ability
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Math Ability
- Basic ability to add and subtract.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Computer Skills Basic computer skills.
- Certificates and Licenses None required.