Sioux City, Iowa 51111
- The primary focus of this position is to rotate between various areas of the surfacing department, creating the power of the lenses according to the Doctor specification for challenging jobs.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring analysis and use of individual judgement.
- Specific duties for this position include fining and polishing, removing glue from slabs, pouring and generating slabs, pulling and putting tools away, processing handpan trays, performing a visual inspection of all jobs processed, maintaining equipment and buffing scratches.
- Supervision ranges from general to minimal.
- Percentage of Time All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed:
- Operate the equipment used to fine and polish all lenses going through the surfacing department. 25%
- Create and maintain slabs, including generating, pouring, and removing glue. 20%
- Numerically locate the correct tools for polishing and fining.
- Return tools to rack once complete. 20%
- Perform a cosmetic inspection of lenses to check for defects. 15%
- Surface myos using the handpan machine. 10%
- Maintain and calibrate surface specials equipment. 5%
- Buff scratches using buffing wheel or handpan machine. 5%
- Perform other duties within the surfacing department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- The tasks of this position generally requires duties to be performed by: Frequently lift and move up to 20 lbs to waist height unaccompanied.
- Regularly stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Fast paced, production environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
- Regularly required to work with or around chemicals.
- Work area may be wet/dirty.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- 5-7 years previous related experience and/or training helpful.
- Language Ability
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Math Ability Basic ability to add and subtract.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Computer Skills Basic computer skills.
- Certificates and Licenses None required.