Sterile Processing Technician
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs manual decontamination to remove organic and inorganic materials from reusable surgical and non-surgical instruments and equipment.
- Performs manual decontamination and disinfection of patient care equipment (e.g. infusion and DVT devices) and carts, etc.
- Performs visual post-decontamination inspection of reusable surgical and non-surgical instruments and equipment to verify they are free of organic and inorganic materials, they are complete and they function properly.
- Assembles surgical and non-surgical instrument sets and equipment systems.
- Performs package enclosure, using peel pouches and rolls, sterile wrapping, rigid containment systems and other enclosure methods.
- Performs biological and chemical testing as appropriate for high-level disinfection and sterilization systems.
- Operates automated processing equipment such as instrument washers, sterilizers, biological incubators, heat sealers and other commonly used automated, non-automated and electronic equipment in sterile processing.
- Completes legal sterilization and high-level disinfection records, and other records, checklists and forms.
- Plans and coordinates owned and vendor-borrowed instruments for surgical procedures.
- Assembles surgical case carts. with sterile processed and sterile product supplies.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Requires successful completion of a Sterile Processing, Surgical Technician or commitment to enroll in a sterile processing program and complete within the first year of employment.
- Credentials Essential: Description: Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Tech (CSPDT)
- Qualification Source: Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution.
- Credential Comments: SPD Tech Certification required upon hire or within the first 12 months of employment.
Certifications & Licenses:
Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Tech (CSPDT)
SPD Tech Certification required upon hire or within the first 12 months of employment