Sterile Processing Aide
St. Paul, Minnesota 55102
- Performs non-critical medical device cleaning and disinfection tasks.
- Performs inventory management tasks.
- Transports carts and equipment from one-location to another.
- Assists SPD Technician performing basic non-technical tasks.
- Performs customer service by greeting customers and responding to requests by phone.
- Performs customer service by greeting customers and responding to requests by phone
- Builds surgical case carts with product supplies and instrumentation from inventory using a standard list.
- Returns not-used product supplies and instrumentation to inventory.
- Transports carts and equipment inside the department and to and from the department.
- Performs packaging, by placing individual instruments in various packaging materials.
- Places orders for needed items based on pre-established reorder points and quantities.
- Assists SPD Technician with non-technical tasks such as instrument drying and placing items sterilized into inventory per established inventory locations.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Cleaning Basic Skills: Ability to operate cleaning equipment; familiar with cleaning products, chemicals, and safety procedures.
- Coordination: Integration of activities, structures, and responsibilities so that resources are used most effectively to meet objectives.
- Data Entry: Skilled in entering data and calculating items for processing; input of data into computer systems.
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints and risks.
- Equipment Operation: Knowledge of appropriate procedures for using, and ability to use specific equipment or machines to meet defined quality and safety standards.
- Inspection: Critical appraisal skills including examination, measurement, and testing of quality and condition of equipment, materials, or services.
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates well to all kinds of people, builds rapport easily, builds constructive and effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact, can defuse even a high-tension situation comfortably.
- Written Communication: Ability to organize and express information and ideas in written form to individuals as well as groups. Construct messages that are clear and convincing.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience: Inventory management, transportation and basic patient medical equipment cleaning preferred.
- Knowledge/Technical Skills: Inventory management, transportation and basic patient medical equipment cleaning preferred