Sr. Buyer / Planner
Post Date: 09/05/2017 2017-09-05 Job ID: 9990 Category: Professional
- Review planning messages to release purchase orders/schedule lines, expedite released orders and delay released orders.
- Resolve message issues by analyzing and working with colleagues (Forecasting, Planning, etc.) to determine root causes and implementing corrections.
- Review and analyze planning tables to identify shortages that may impact customer orders.
- Proactively monitor requirements vs. scheduled receipts for all assigned products and notify affected associates of any shortages.
- Where capacity or material constraints exist, sequence/prioritize component and finished goods manufacturing operations to maximize on time shipping levels.
- Resolve planning related system issues by analyzing system information and working with colleagues to determine root causes and implement corrections.
- Analyze current work center loads and supply constraints and provide estimated lead times for large orders that are being quoted.
- Attend morning market meetings to identify purchased part shortages and provide estimated availability dates to planning and operations team members.
- Support Operation’ s efforts to maintain inventory accuracy by investigating count discrepancies, providing system transaction information, requesting re-counts, and adjusting inventory balances.
- Quickly resolve issues with material receipts:
- Damaged shipments
- Invoice discrepancies
- Missing shipment documentation (certificates of compliance, packing lists, etc.)
- Count discrepancies
- Respond to NMRs for assigned components:
- Providing information on the material in question
- Working with the supplier or internal resources to define resolution
- Assigning dispositions
- Obtaining signatures to approve dispositions
- Resolving the NCMR through sorting, re-work, or returning the materials to the supplier
- Cover responsibilities for colleagues as needed.
- Assign top level causes to purchased component shortages from the previous week
- Participate in weekly staff and project meetings
- Review the material parameters for each assigned product to determine if the lot sizes, planning method, lead times, etc. are optimal and adjust as necessary, driving as many product plans to long term, automated re-order methods (schedule agreements) as possible.
- Analyze variability in supply and demand and set safety stocks/days of coverage parameters in the system to minimize inventory investment while maximizing product availability.
- Support new product introductions or changes to existing products by completing ECR reviews/approvals, working with colleagues to set-up new products and/or suppliers, procuring new materials as required by project schedules, and changing buying patterns for existing products to facilitate product transitions.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects by analyzing historical data on supplier and product activity, proposing improvement initiatives, evaluating options, and implementing process changes.
- Modify/update system data in response to issues identified by internal audits.
- Attend training on new products, procedures, and processes as required.
- Complete required tasks to support the approval and implementation of ECNs.
- Work with Commodity Managers to resolve supplier performance or quality issues and provide input on the selection of new suppliers.
- Other duties as necessary or as assigned by supervisor.
- 4-year degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- A candidate with a 2-year degree will be eligible as for a Sr. Buyer / Planner position if they have sufficient Mortara product and system knowledge to perform the responsibilities of the job or equivalent outside experience.
- 3 – 5 years in a resource management role (buyer, planner, scheduler, etc.).
- System knowledge (SAP preferred) sufficient to pull data from multiple sources for evaluation and decision making. MRP experience/knowledge preferred.
- System knowledge (SAP preferred) sufficient to proactively monitor and analyze demand vs. supply and initiate activity to meet customer orders.
- Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills sufficient to document procedures and produce tables and lists of information
- Microsoft Excel skills sufficient to analyze variability in supply and demand so that parameters can be modified to minimize inventory and service interruptions.
- Communication skills sufficient to professionally represent Mortara to external suppliers while placing orders, requesting updates on order status, requesting improvements in delivery dates, and resolving quality and service issues.
- Communication skills sufficient to present and share information on component availability causes for late shipments, and continuous improvement activities.
- Negotiation skills sufficient to persuade suppliers to reduce delivery lead times and improve quality/delivery performance while maintaining effective relationships. Part of these skills includes knowledge of when to escalate requests within Mortara’ s and the Supplier’ s organization.
- Knowledge of lean principles sufficient to identify and reduce or eliminate waste in the supply chain.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities simultaneously.
- Attention to detail.