Special Product Investigations Consultant
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
- Engage with our Client’s Group customers and stakeholders regarding safety-related claims; facilitate the investigation of claims of fire, personal injury, property damage or loss alleged to have resulted from product defects or malfunctions; clearly and convincingly convey inspection analyses, which may be highly technical in nature.
- Negotiate reasonable and timely settlement of customer claims and/or insurance subrogation demands for fire, personal injury and property damage or loss when appropriate; ensure that all required legal documentation is processed.
- Work closely with Legal Department and Product Analysis in keeping with the SPI protocol; provide Product Analysis with all statements and documents required to fulfill TREAD Act requirements
- Work closely with Market Teams to encourage resolution to customer complaints when appropriate.
- Participate in training and remain expertly knowledgeable about our client’s products, policies, customer satisfaction philosophy and legal elements involved in customer matters; stay up-to-date on current our Client’s safety technology; proactively advise SPI management, Product Analysis and other technical groups on possible impact of perceived claim trends or “hot topics” as they are learned.
- Research inquiries and claims to assess whether they will be addressed through SPI Protocol.
- Provide training to various groups, centers, field personnel and others outside the department on the function and methods of SPI as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years Customer Relations experience in an automotive application
- Basic PC competency
- MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of familiarity with various technical features and functions of our Client's products, particularly active and passive safety systems
- Willingness and ability to speak tactfully with individuals who have been involved in physically and/or emotionally stressful situations
- Highly organized
- Independent and capable of multi-tasking and effective time management