- Design, code, test, document, implement and maintain application programs. (50%)
- Enhances existing systems; participates in client walkthroughs and technical design reviews. Aids in systems development planning and monitoring.
- Participates in design reviews and peer code walkthroughs.
- Provides client and application support. (10%)
- Provide customer support for package software and associated interfaces. (10%)
- Perform software development and ensure conformance to performance optimization and interoperability standards and requirements.
- Work in adherence to secure development lifecycle practices and policies. (5%)
- Performs or assists in the research and fact-finding to develop or modify application programs.
- Includes working with vendors to review quality, adaptability and compatibility of their products. (5-10%)
- Collaborate with IT teams from applications and infrastructure to identify technology deficiencies and improvement opportunities in practices and procedures. (0-5%)
- Stay current with industry standards techniques for software development, and apply them to development, testing, integration and reporting processes where appropriate. (0-5%)
- Assist in the research and fact-finding to develop or modify application programs. (0-5%)
- Perform basic system analysis and design functions. (0-5%)
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning. (0-5%)
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned. (0-5%)
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems (MIS), computer science, or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
- Eighteen months of work and/or intern experience in business software application development.
- Basic knowledge of programming in client/server and/or web development environment Basic knowledge of integration and application security models; and proficiency with a variety of software development tools.
- Experience in the industry, or in an environment whose scope, size and complexity are comparable.
- Basic knowledge of open systems object design methodologies, architecture methodologies, security practices and integration techniques.
- Basic knowledge of relational database technology, structured analysis concepts, and software design patterns.
- Basic project management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Business analysis aptitude including communications and interpersonal skills enabling an understanding of client's needs.
- Able to work in a zero-code-ownership environment where the team members can modify any source file at any time.
- A basic understanding of deployment topologies (i.e. ensuring secure, highly available systems).
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Availability for periodic on-call responsibilities.
- Experience integrating Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) solutions within an environment with strong change and release management processes and procedures.
- Technical knowledge with hands-on experience in Oracle and Microsoft SQL database development.
- Technical knowledge with hands-on experience in .NET and other current computing programming languages.
- Technical knowledge with hands-on experience in Microsoft BizTalk Server, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services and Oracle business intelligence / reporting.
- Understanding of company’s existing IT environment and of applicable company policies, practices, and Requirements