Software Development Engineer IV
Parsippany, New Jersey
- Develop Java code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing.
- Understand the impact of changes across the application.
- Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
- Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
- Enhance and maintain existing application software, continually providing support for internally developed applications
- Accurately communicate development status on a regular basis to team leads
- Assist the production support team in defect analysis
- At least 7 years of Java development experience with at least 10 years of experience in enterprise system development.
- Experience with Java EE (Java 2 EE) and SQL required. Experience with at least one of Weblogic, Websphere or JBoss application server required. Optional experience with JMS, JMX and Maven.
- Ability to apply advanced software programming to solve complex business problems.
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and will have exceptional writing and communication skills to establish relationships and work with all levels internally and externally.
- Demonstrated record developing successful applications that are highly integrated and reliable
- Ability to operate effectively, and with a sense of possibility, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- BA, BS or MS degree