Oak Brook, Illinois
Post Date: 05/04/2017 2017-05-04 Job ID: 8535 Category: Technology
- modifying and enhancing existing C++ and C# applications, to delivery business requirements. 2. creating design doc and installation manual
- working with QA to develop test plan
- overall quality of product and feature
- supporting other TR groups for testing of these features, and eventually external customers. Responsible for working with QA to design test cases
- Plans, designs, develops, and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Writes new software or makes modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications.
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards and software best practice guidelines.
- Carries out unit testing, ensuring application meets needs of client and business.
- Participate project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Provides status updates for team' s work within projects.
- Requires excellent understanding of business application and software code base. Able to review specified business requirements and propose solution options and take responsibility for design and delivery within own area of expertise.
- Acts as point of contact for technical issues for a specific work streams within a project. Works with technical staff to analyze and understand problems with complex software and resolve them. Provides work breakdown and estimates for complex software development tasks.
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Able to demonstrate software to stakeholders.
- Develops and integrates applications as per written specifications.
- Translates technical requirements and design documentation into application code and modules.
- Takes part in reviews of work of self or peers e.g. code reviews.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science. (Master’ s degree preferred.)
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Great technical and problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable in various software design patterns and be able to apply appropriate design patterns to solve business/technical problems.
- Proficient in RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, etc
- .NET 3/.5/4.0 with WCF, WWF, WPF, and Silverlight
- Team player who works well across different streams (Product Management, Developers, QA, Operation Team, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- C, C++, C#
- Windows O/S
- Networking programming skills