2017-04-10 Job ID: 8296 Category: Technology
- Responsible for initial design and development of new software or extensive software revisions; products may be for use internally or for resale.
- Defines product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- Requires a bachelor' s degree and may be expected to have an advanced degree in area of specialty
- at least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field' s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
- May guide a team of developers through the project to completion.
- Typically reports to a head of a unit/department or top management.