Service Contract Administrator 45843
Cary, North Carolina
Post Date: 03/10/2017 Job ID: 8046 Category: Professional
Responsibility for service contract renewals for the HITS portfolio. Serves as point for all customer inquiries related to service contracts and ensures solicitation of new contract renewals are executed and recorded. Additional responsibilities include acting on requests for quotes from customers as well as the sales organization, soliciting new service contract additions during renewal cycle, calculating all service contract fees, processing contract documents and invoice and/or credit requests as well as maintaining and updating applicable databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
- Contact customers directly to explain the benefits of agreements to their business. Help drive new business throughout renewal cycle and grow number of agreements.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for external customers with respect to service contract issues, invoicing, coverage concerns, and related customer service issues. Ensure that accurate information is disseminated to the appropriate functional unit regarding service contracts and current agreements in place. Communicate customer (internal & external) issues/concerns to sales team as appropriate to facilitate.
- Utilize available resources and databases to identify customers who do not have executed service agreements and ensure technical support is clear on Fee-for-Service customers.
- Calculate pricing, discounts and special billing terms as required. Resolve disputes including, but not limited to, pricing and discount arrangements.
- Submit executed Agreement to Accounts Receivable for processing. Ensure that files and databases are updated and that each customer receives a fully executed copy of the agreement.
- Liaise with sales force, field project managers, and technical support to insure that customer databases are accurate. Identify and research discrepancies regarding all issues that impact revenue.
- Investigate, develop and recommend procedural efficiencies to enhance productivity, individually and within a team environment.
- Responsible for insuring that all non-compliant customers sign agreements
- Work with team on ad-hoc projects relating to outreach to customer base
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with customer relationship management software
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent required
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite specifically MS Excel
- Ability to understand and navigate and report from a database
- Experience with selling products via phone (e.g.: inside sales experience)
- Operational knowledge of contracts
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must have very strong communication skills
- Must have strong negotiating skills
- Must have conflict resolution skills
- Must display and exhibit strong teamwork skills/competency
- Five or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Integrity: Has an uncomplicated and uncompromising understanding of right from wrong, both publicly and privately. Values a fair playing field for everyone, and demonstrates courage of conviction for what they believe. Sets the highest standards for compliance with Company Code of Ethics.
- Customer Orientation: Understands who our clients customers are, how they are motivated and the current and future business challenges they face. Relishes face-to-face customer interaction. Demonstrates a strong bias toward service, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Collaboration: Takes a collaborative approach by openly discussing issues in a way that brings out the best thinking, attitude and performance in others. Works effectively and productively with others running functional and support areas. Considers the effect of decisions on other parts of the company.
- Results Orientation: Stays the course from start to finish. Does not confuse effort with results. Separates what is important from what is not. Demonstrates a persistent bias for action.
- Interpersonal Skills: Is other-oriented rather than focused on self. Listens effectively and communicates ideas and opinions clearly. Is assertive while showing respect and positive regards for others. Demonstrates an appreciation for people with different backgrounds and points of view.
- Maturity: Uses good judgment and demonstrates a sense of appropriateness. Considers the consequences of personal actions and decisions. Reflects upon and learns from experience.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Action/Results Oriented - Achieves high level, sustainable performance and results; is bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and encourages others to grasp ownership for achieving timely, quality, agreed upon results; is highly energetic; not fearful of acting with less than complete data and planning; seizes opportunities and acts upon them; displays a sense of urgency.
- Customer Orientation - Understands and meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it to meet customers' needs by providing the highest quality products and services; acts with customers in mind; develops effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Communication - Presents ideas in a style that is clear, fluent and to-the-point; keeps the attention of others; clearly articulates the key points of an issue; takes recipients' perspectives into consideration when communicating; listens to and understands views of others; knows who needs what information and communicates information in a concise, timely and straight forward fashion; not afraid to communicate difficult messages.
- Team Player - Supports team efforts; cooperates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals; builds group cohesiveness by emphasizing team objectives and reinforcing cooperation; creates strong morale in his/her team and across functions; shares wins and successes; brings a feeling of participation and belonging to the team.
- Continuous Improvement - Dedicated to Continuous Improvement concepts; understands, builds commitment for and implements the principles of lean operating processes; encourages process re-engineering; demands of oneself and others incremental gains and major breakthroughs.
- Adaptability - Effectively responds to change and is comfortable with ambiguity; manages conflicting priorities; comfortably handles risk and uncertainty; learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.