Senior Systems IT Analyst
Salt Lake City, Utah
- Conducts analysis, creates system specifications, develops, tests, implements engineering, scientific/business applications, OS, file/DB servers.
- Utilizes existing/new technology in the automation of processes.
- Evaluates software pkgs, provides recommendations to mngt.
- Evaluate the business-develop technology procedures, problem resolution. Modify systems to improve production; work flow.
- Develop technical doc/instructional manuals relevant to the functioning of the entire OS.
- Collaborate w/vendors, project team, other IT teams, users to provide tech solutions.
- Plan, design, install, develop new computer systems.
- Lead the analysis effort for a number of integration projs and act as the SME in this discipline.
- Analyze info requirements, design new IS, oversee new systems implementation.
- Test, maintain, monitor computer programs/systems including coordination of the installation of computer programs/systems.
- Determine computer software/hardware needed to set up/alter.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, IS, related field, or equivalent combination of edu/experience.
- Minimum of 5 yrs. related experience.
- Tech skills- programming, installation, configuration, DB Mngt.
- Analysis/design skills including ability to gather data on systems issues, define alt approaches, assess business impact, recommend cost effective solutions, and develop and implement those solutions.
- Project management skills, ability to develop and monitor work agreements and budgets, and to determine specifications, schedules, and deliverables.
- Communication and interpersonal skills for consulting with users to understand needs, define requirements, and provide effective solutions.
- Knowledge of current technologies, tools, applications, and vendors.
- Understanding of Company’s existing IT environment and of applicable Company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in a regulated electrical utility industry.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2010 or 2013 and Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business.
- Working knowledge of Symantec Enterprise Vault and Cisco IronPort.