Senior Software Engineer
Hauppauge, New York 11788
- Researches, designs, develops and integrates applications at a senior-level as per written specifications.
- Write new software or make modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications.
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards and software best practice guidelines.
- Essential day-to-day responsibilities include performing coding assignments, unit testing, ensuring development standards are being followed, analyzing functional specifications, producing technical specifications and unit testing scripts, and participating in team code reviews and impact assessments.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Recommends solutions for software enhancements.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports on work progress.
- Other duties will include; Production support and subsequent defect research, assistance in technical and/or system documentation may be needed to aid support teams.
- Assist in development of software user manuals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent required. (MS desired)
- 5+ years’ development experience.
- Experience working in an agile life cycle
- Experience in developing complex infrastructure with Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud a must
- Experience with SQL development and at least one of these databases- Oracle, MySQL, SQL Sever a must
- Experience with front end application development using C#, ,Net, a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives within time line
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive, quick learner, and possess strong team attitude
- Educated or experience/background in Oracle SQL/PLSQL development and Unix scripting