Senior Software Engineer
Post Date: 07/10/2017 2017-07-10 Job ID: 9267 Category: Technology
- This position entails working on multiple projects at one time as a member of functional and project related team efforts.
- Work is related to complex projects or a particular system or application that requires multiple areas of expertise.
- Accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
- The role requires a good understanding of business applications and how to work with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them.
- Also required is a strong understanding of system development lifecycle methodologies as the projects assigned are driven by following project plans and general IT best practices.
- Researches, designs, develops and integrates applications at a senior-level as per written specifications.
- Write new software or make modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications.
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards and software best practice guidelines.
- Essential day-to-day responsibilities include performing coding assignments, unit testing, ensuring development standards are being followed, analyzing functional specifications, producing technical specifications and unit testing scripts, and participating in team code reviews and impact assessments.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Recommends solutions for software enhancements.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports on work progress.
- Other duties will include; Production support and subsequent defect research, assistance in technical and/or system documentation may be needed to aid support teams.
- Assist in development of software user manuals.
- Review work of peers and junior developers.
- Provides technical guidance and coaching to more junior team members.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required. (MS desired)
- 5+ years’ development experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills enabling comprehension of complex business and product issues
- Experience in formal software development lifecycle
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives within time line
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive, quick learner, and possess strong team attitude
- Educated or experience writing software in any of the following languages; Java, C or .Net
- Educated or experience/background in Analysis and Design, ability to write technical documentation, comprehensive testing.
- Experience with web services, WCF, AJAX, JQuery, MVC, XRM is an added plus
- Experience developing our Client' s products preferred.
- Educated or experience/background in Client Server Architectures, Software Development