Senior Software Engineer
Post Date: 07/21/2017 2017-07-21 Job ID: 9454 Category: Technology
- This position will carry out development tasks associated with the organization’ s strategic initiatives.
- Projects include enhancements to existing revenue producing products, maintenance of existing products, integration efforts focusing on our Client’ s initiatives, integration with 3rd party applications or services and new product offerings.
- Make modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with design information
- Essential day-to-day responsibilities include performing coding assignments, unit testing, ensuring development standards are being followed, analyzing functional specifications, producing technical specifications and unit testing scripts, and participating in team code reviews and impact assessments.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Makes suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements, which will typically be reviewed by a more senior developer.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports on work progress.
- Other duties will include; Production support and subsequent defect research, assistance in technical and/or system documentation may be needed to aid support teams.
- This role will receive directions from the team lead.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 5+ years development experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills enabling comprehension of complex business and product issues
- Experience in Agile software development lifecycle and environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives within time line
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive, quick learner, and possess strong team attitude
- Educated or experience working with RESTful APIs with good understanding of HAL
- Educated or experience/background in Analysis and Design, ability to write technical documentation, comprehensive testing.
- Strong C#, middle-tier developer, .NET
- Experience using and designing with design patterns, developing and performing unit tests.
- Classic ASP, VBScript, Silverlight experience desired by not absolutely required.
- Some C++ development experience is helpful, not required.