Senior Software Developer
San Diego, California 92108
- Configure, test and code to support the software implementation of our Client’s Aumentum suite of products.
- Work with other analysts, project managers and our Client’s customers to evaluate, create, and deliver appraisal, assessment and taxation solutions using existing and our Client’s new and industry tool sets. Provide detailed solution documentation that satisfies the customer's business and technical requirements.
- Analyze and write business requirements, design documents, and statement of work deliverables
- Work closely with our Client’s implementation engineering resources and resolve implementation, calculation and conversion issues.
- Analyze systems and requirements and design interface solutions leveraging existing clients import, export and web services solutions. Ability to write code to test interfaces and web services a plus.
- Lead data mapping and conversion quality assurance processes.
- Follow and improve an overall project implementation methodology.
- Work with or lead others to establish success criteria and act as the point of contact for the customer project deliverables when assigned.
- Develop and execute testing scenarios, testing data, test plans and scripts.
- Assist or lead in the transfer of data from disparate data sources into relational databases using vendor tools such as Microsoft SSIS. Write data translation code in SQL or other project defined languages. Use our client's import tools to build and convert customer data into a final solution.
- Assure quality control during system implementation.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve technical problems in conjunction with the Quality Assurance and Support groups.
- Technical design, data analysis, customer communication, SQL programming, solution configuration, scripting, training, task management, and writing documentation. This person can be remote but travel to customer locations required (app. 50%).
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident presentation skills, and must have 'presence' in front of the customer.
- Good networking skills and the ability to work with and influence others.
- Knowledge of Appraisal, Assessment and/or Tax Billing is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Assessment or local government taxation experience is highly desirable but not required.
- Enterprise computer system work experience also acceptable.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, Licenses, etc. required:
- SQL query knowledge required.
- Appraisal, Assessment Administration,
- Tax domain knowledge, .
- Net programming,
- Web programming,
- Web server administration,
- database administration,
- server administration (Microsoft or Unix), project management, enterprise software installation,
- Accounting and Audit knowledge or experience.