Senior Software Developer
Post Date: 06/19/2017 Job ID: 8994 Category: Technology
We are looking for a highly-motivated, results-driven engineer who is passionate about developing the next-generation application to delight our customers in the legal industry. Our Technology team works in an innovative, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment, building cloud applications for attorneys and customers in the Litigation and Transaction practice areas. In this role, you will design and develop major software components to meet our customer needs per agreed upon specification and architecture design.
- Contributes to team design discussions with detailed technical information.
- Develops code with quality, leveragability, scalability, and maintainability in mind.
- Provides code reviews.
- Identifies strategic/tactical solutions and provides risk assessments and recommendations to technology leadership.
- Provides work breakdown and estimates for complex software development tasks.
- Escalates issues or risks at iteration level.
Your role will include working with the following tools and technologies:
- AWS, UNIX/Shell
- Groovy, Java, jUnit, Spock, SQL, Elasticsearch
- SonarQube, Docker
- Jenkins, Gradle
- IntelliJ, Git, TFS
- Experience in cloud-native applications, especially within Amazon Web Services.
- Strong experience and leadership in DevOps – melding of operations and development
- Expected to share industry experiences in Cloud Native/DevOps model best practices.
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Demonstrated technology leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into development stories and tasks with estimates in Agile development.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to get work done with others.
- Must be motivated; a self-starter, results oriented individual with a successful track record.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies and skills quickly.
- Effective time management, ability to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build solid relationships with team members.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to present ideas and document artifacts to business, technology and executive audiences.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent years of experience required. Computer Science degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience.