Senior Software Developer
Ansonia, Connecticut 06401
- Works with internal stakeholders such as Product Management, Client Care, and Compliance, as well as clients, to clearly define and document their requests.
- Assists with diagnosis/troubleshooting of reported problems pertaining to software developed team.
- Determines how to best implement the requested changes / customization. This may include working with Development staff, Product Managers, QA staff and / or other Business Analysts.
- Creates business requirements documentation / programming specifications with sufficient detail to enable application developers to complete the programming request.
- Ensures that the final user documentation effectively conveys the information the client needs.
- Tests / validates developed software solution to ensure that the completed product matches with the business requirements and operates correctly.
- Senior-level backend or client side platform developer - Application and Solutions development from Architecture to implementation using Angular 2/4
- Make recommendations as to feasibility of implementation
- Design, develop and implement comprehensive testing strategies. A strong understanding of unit testing, mocking and integration testing is required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize application design methodologies, tools and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of implementation at a platform or framework level to meet the UI/UX design
- Participating in day to day low level design decisions.
- Enforcing application standards, best practices and tool usage as defined by the design team within the development team.
- Excellent quality standards with code reviews, unit tests, documentation of implementation.
- Ensuring completion of code reviews.
- 3+ years of experience developing with Angular 2/4; REST, Mobile framework development for iOS and Android
- Solid understanding of Angular, Responsive and Mobile Design, Web Development and Web Design, security-based design patterns
- Experience with Web Services, REST, hybrid mobile application development
- Experience developing on different devices: Mobile, Tablet, Android, iOS, etc.
- Knowledge /experience in .net and framework development a plus
- Experience with version control (GIT) software helpful.
- Detail-oriented with ability to learn and apply new technical concepts quickly.
- Translating requirements into defined specifications
- Creating system diagrams, architectural diagrams, and prototypes
- Solving both strategic and tactical issues.
- Develop technical specifications for key feature areas, including user stories and work item breakdowns
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Organizational ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Natural collaborator and communicator with a sense of humor who prefers developing in a team environment
- Ability to work remote and collaborate effectively with others..
- The ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience in the Financial sector is a plus –