Senior Software Developer 23483
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2017-04-28 Job ID: 8487 Category: Technology
- Techstreet is a leader in the standards industry; we are the fastest growing and first in innovation. We aggregate content from 150 Standards Developing Organizations (SDOs), which we sell via separate retail and subscription channels. Some of our SDOs include well-known entities like IEEE, API, and ASHRAE. We have two customer-facing web sites, and a variety of internal systems for running the business. We are an agile shop, with daily checkins, bi-weekly demos, bi-weekly maintenance releases, and quarterly feature releases. We are staffing up for a project to rebuild a key internal system that is used by all departments for managing customers, products, orders, and financials. We are looking to enhance our tight-knit team with a senior front-end developer. We are a Linux shop. Be prepared to show and tell.
- Bridge the gap between design and implementation
- Contribute meaningfully to architecture of application
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate well with team members, stakeholders, and management
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or equivalent education + experience.
- Minimum of eight years of demonstrated experience designing high-functionality easy-to-use compelling web applications.
- Meaningful experience with Angular, preferably Angular 2
- Fluent with HTML5, Jquery, CSS3, Sass, Backbone, Material Design
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and AJAX.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Fluent with version control using git or similar tools