Senior Project Manager
This individual will be responsible for managing Waterfall, Iterative and Agile projects primarily within a technical area, and across delivery teams.
Job responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
1. Work with product managers and technical leadership to ensure the enterprise goals are defined, primary stakeholders are known, and a high-level solution that will achieve the goals exist before engaging the full team.
2. Collaborate with key team members and stakeholders to determine best program approach and methodology for executing the program.
3. Prepare overall program plan with discreet projects aligned to deliver the solution in the most efficient way possible.
4. Prepare estimates, work plans and all project management related deliverables to ensure a complete business solution is implemented that exceeds customer expectations.
5. Oversee and manage all aspects of program/projects including requirements and systems analysis, design, development, test, installation, delivery, post production warranty and closure.
6. Manage project change control procedures and effectively utilize all available methodologies and tools, to ensure project stakeholders’ acceptance of results.
7. Develop, monitor and report progress against project plans.
8. Lead project meetings and provide executive status information.
9. Drive resolution of issues and mitigation of risks and escalate as needed.
10. Manage the delivery of all project requirements and secure agreement on all deliverables.
11. Manage all project development efforts using internal, external and off-shore resources as required.
12. Manage customer and third party contracts in partnership with sourcing and legal.
13. Ensure projects meet established time, cost, contractual, and proficiency in IT methodologies including software development life cycle and project management. This includes both internal and external project staff management.
14. Proactively manage all aspects of project budgets, including forecasting, working with team members to align scope accordingly.
15. Coordinate impacts of the program/project schedule with other projects and delivery teams.
16. Provide guidance to project team on implementation methodologies and internal project processes.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelor Degree in IT, CS or an equivalent Bachelor’s degree with relevant Information Technology experience and 7+ years associated work experience.
2. PMP or CSM Certification required.
3. Experience with complex BI/MDM projects including architecture and data elements.
4. Demonstrated implementation experience of major programs and projects.
5. Demonstrated and solid understanding of database, presentation layer, and Infrastructure technologies.
6. Ability to navigate a complex environment and stakeholder scenario with sometimes conflicting priorities and requirements
7. Experience with implementation and integration of Oracle stack (OBIEE) is a plus.
8. Extensive experience implementing solutions within an Agile SDLC.
9. Excellent program and project management skills.
10. Ability to demonstrate expert proficiency in project management tools, as well as written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills at all levels of the organization.
11. Strong knowledge of standard Microsoft software applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Visio required.
12. Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute in team environment.
13. Effective organization and time management skills, with the ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of executive and line management and contribute in a team environment. Highly customer service oriented.
14. Able to manage geographically diverse teams made up of both employees and third party resources.
15. Proven track record of working with complex system environments.
16. Ability to understand and manipulate concepts as to design solutions that will fit high level business requirements as well as everyday limitations.
17. Ability to manage activities with short due dates and still follow established processes.
18. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to identify and resolve project issues quickly and effectively.
19. Effective communicator at all levels of the organization (verbal, written and presentation).
20. Self-motivated, eager to learn and grow.