Senior Legal Research Analyst
Post Date: 06/30/2017 2017-06-30 Job ID: 9184 Category: Legal
- The Senior Legal Research Analyst position is responsible for analyzing legal information in Westlaw and working with Product Management to determine how to better leverage that information for legal researchers.
- Identifying relationships among legal information sets;
- Conducting significant core legal research to identify critical legal authority on specific issues;
- Making fine-grain, qualitative judgments of legal content;
- Monitoring performance of new products and enhancements through testing and grading evaluations;
- Collaborating with team members to better leverage key legal research information.
- JD required Admission to a state bar required
- 3+ years of legal experience required;
- Significant litigation experience, including handling own cases;
- Experience in transactional work such as negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts, and related legal documents is helpful but not required;
- Strong legal research skills with experience using Westlaw and/or other online legal research tools;
- Ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and express complex legal material quickly and accurately;
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment;
- Ability to work independently, consistently meet deadlines, and achieve individual objectives within larger team projects;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including conscientiousness, flexibility, dependability, and the ability to work effectively with personnel at all levels of the Company.
- Strong computer skills including applications such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.