Senior Legal Editor
New York, New York
Post Date: 06/29/2017 2017-06-29 Job ID: 9170 Category: Legal
- Write, edit, and update state-specific labor and employment resources, including checklists, standard forms and policies, and other state-specific legal content in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Be available to answer questions and perform research on discrete state law issues that arise in the final review of these resources conducted by Practical Law.
- At least six years’ experience working as a labor and employment lawyer in a law firm or as in-house counsel in the specified jurisdiction, and general expertise in labor and employment law.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm attorneys, in-house counsel and the legal market in general.
- Strong communication skills, particularly given remote nature of position.
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- Very close attention to detail;
- Impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- The ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.