Senior Legal Editor
Eagan, Minnesota 55123
- Write high-quality legal news and analysis articles against challenging daily deadlines on topics assigned by a managing editor.
- Topics will sourced from court filings, SEC and other regulatory filings, legislation, and/or other legal and business-related documents
- Analyze and anticipate interests of lawyers
- Self-edit to ensure articles meet standards of content accuracy, adhere to style guide and ensure general readability prior to submission
- Work closely with full-time editors for initial training and at regular intervals to ensure accurate, high quality submissions and to allow for timely publication of articles
- Specific work hours are flexible and can work remotely but short turnaround is required, so regular communication about hours of availability is key
- Remote work, 10-20 hours / week.
- JD with 2+ years of law firm or in-house practice experience OR 5+ years’ experience writing legal news for a major news or legal industry publication
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Proven news judgment and analytical ability
- Ability to prioritize concurrent article requests and commit to short turnaround deadlines
- Familiarity with AP style preferred
- Experience using Westlaw and other online legal research platforms required