Senior Java Developer
Post Date: 07/24/2017 2017-07-24 Job ID: 9471 Category: Technology
- Lead the evaluation of user requests or design specifications for new or modified application functionality and estimate efforts required.
- Analyze, design, code, test, document, implement and maintain application changes.
- Lead the effort to provide technical support to system owners as well as other information technology groups to help ensure effectiveness of information technology systems in enabling our Client’ s customers to conduct day-to-day businesses.
- The support includes, but is not limited to, answering customer questions, interpreting system functionalities, completing data requests, making emergency fixes and performing other critical support functions.
- Lead the effort to collaborate with end users to analyze and develop business requirements for business application enhancements and problem resolutions.
- Provide guidance and direction to team members as necessary in the completion of assigned projects.
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Demonstrate advanced technical knowledge and expertise of applicable application development and the ability to apply such knowledge to business needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire extensive knowledge of the applications supported by the team, extensive understanding of the interfacing applications and apply that knowledge to satisfy business needs.
- Demonstrate an extensive understanding of Object Oriented Design with the ability to create and maintain Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Interface Diagrams for the applications.
- Have the ability to apply Design Patterns and instruct other developers in the use and purpose of the Design Patterns being applied.
- Participate in a lead role on development and support teams resulting in contribution to achievement of team goals and objectives.
- Analyze and solve complex business or technical problems involving the development and deployment of applicable technology.
- Translate written and oral communications into clear functional specifications, well-crafted designs and high-quality work products.
- Perform responsibilities as directed within determined time frames and with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department and with the user community.
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary to effectively complete responsibilities;
- Enhance job knowledge and abilities by taking personal responsibility for professional development and training.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information regarding company information.
- Adhere to and support all company policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules.
- Bachelor’ s degree in information systems, computer science or related technical field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically six years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’ s degree.)
- Job-related experience (from options below)
- Knowledge of the gas industry is a plus.
- Experience with project methodologies including project management tools, estimating, and documentation of requirements, use cases and test plans.
- Effective oral and written communications skills, including presentation, training and interpersonal skills.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Six years or more of demonstrated experience with JAVA development using J2EE, JSPs, Hibernate and Spring to build web applications.
- Must have server-side JAVA experience with Object-Oriented Modeling and Design experience as well as middle-tier application logic experience.
- One year or more experience with REST Services.
- Experience with Angular is preferred.
- Experience with XML.
- Two years or more experience with an application server (e.g. Websphere, JBoss).
- Three years or more of demonstrated experience with IDE. Eclipse, Rational Application Developer or IntelliJ is preferred.
- Exposure to Unified process and familiarity with UML and Use Cases is required.
- Three years or more of demonstrated experience with experience using Microsoft SQL Server or other relational database for developing stored procedures. Experience in identifying, analyzing/resolving related performance issues is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Project Server and Microsoft SharePoint Services is a plus.