Senior Java Developer
2017-07-13 Job ID: 9320 Category: Technology
- Lead the evaluation of user requests or design specifications for new or modified application functionality and estimate efforts required.
- Analyze, design, code, test, document, implement and maintain application changes.
- Lead the effort to provide technical support to system owners as well as other information technology groups to help ensure effectiveness of information technology systems in enabling our Client’ s customers to conduct day-to-day businesses.
- The support includes, but is not limited to, answering customer questions, interpreting system functionalities, completing data requests, making emergency fixes and performing other critical support functions.
- Lead the effort to collaborate with end users to analyze and develop business requirements for business application enhancements and problem resolutions.
- Provide guidance and direction to team members as necessary in the completion of assigned projects.
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in information systems, computer science or related technical field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically six years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’ s degree.)
- Knowledge of the gas industry is a plus.
- Experience with project methodologies including project management tools, estimating, and documentation of requirements, use cases and test plans.
- Effective oral and written communications skills, including presentation, training and interpersonal skills.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Six years or more of demonstrated experience with JAVA development using J2EE, JSPs, Hibernate and Spring to build web applications. Must have server-side JAVA experience with Object-Oriented Modeling and Design experience as well as middle-tier application logic experience.
- One year or more experience with REST Services.
- Experience with Angular is preferred.
- Experience with XML.
- Two years or more experience with an application server (e.g. Websphere, JBoss).
- Three years or more of demonstrated experience with IDE. Eclipse, Rational Application Developer or IntelliJ is preferred.
- Exposure to Unified process and familiarity with UML and Use Cases is required.
- Three years or more of demonstrated experience with experience using Microsoft SQL Server or other relational database for developing stored procedures. Experience in identifying, analyzing/resolving related performance issues is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Project Server and Microsoft SharePoint Services is a plus.