Senior Java Developer
- Lead the evaluation of user requests or design specifications for new or modified application functionality and estimate efforts required.
- Analyze, design, code, test, document, implement and maintain application changes.
- Lead the effort to provide technical support to system owners as well as other information technology groups to help ensure effectiveness of information technology systems in enabling our Client’s customers to conduct day-to-day businesses.
- The support includes, but is not limited to, answering customer questions, interpreting system functionalities, completing data requests, making emergency fixes and performing other critical support functions.
- Lead the effort to collaborate with end users to analyze and develop business requirements for business application enhancements and problem resolutions.
- Provide guidance and direction to team members as necessary in the completion of assigned projects.
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related technical field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically six years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’s degree.)
- Knowledge of the gas industry is a plus.
- Experience with project methodologies including project management tools, estimating, and documentation of requirements, use cases and test plans.
- Effective oral and written communications skills, including presentation, training and interpersonal skills.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Six years or more of demonstrated experience with JAVA development using J2EE, JSPs, Hibernate and Spring to build web applications. Must have server-side JAVA experience with Object-Oriented Modeling and Design experience as well as middle-tier application logic experience.
- One year or more experience with REST Services.
- Experience with Angular is preferred.
- Experience with XML.
- Two years or more experience with an application server (e.g. Websphere, JBoss).
- Three years or more of demonstrated experience with IDE. Eclipse, Rational Application Developer or IntelliJ is preferred.
- Exposure to Unified process and familiarity with UML and Use Cases is required.
- Three years or more of demonstrated experience with experience using Microsoft SQL Server or other relational database for developing stored procedures. Experience in identifying, analyzing/resolving related performance issues is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Project Server and Microsoft SharePoint Services is a plus.