Senior Fleet Admin
The Senior Fleet Administrator manages and optimizes on a daily basis all operations pertaining to the fleet administrators as well as the fleet service provider (external partner for fleet management on the ground). This individual is responsible for coordination between external vendors and service providers to efficiently and effectively manage the local fleet of vehicles in the specified market. This position will have one or two direct reports and will be responsible for the overall operation of the local market’s vehicle fleet.
- Manage, train and develop local operations team in the assigned market.
- Develop and maintain relationship with local service providers
- Set schedules for fleet administrators in the local market, taking into consideration high traffic and utilization periods .
- Manage all non-regular vendor relationships (non-contracted towing companies, private businesses, special part requests and ordering)
- Daily and weekly reporting and management of local fleet status and out of service vehicles.
- Ensure the quality and efficiency of vehicle repair at Bodyshops and Dealerships Manage capacities, assign tasks, and coordinate repairs as necessary.
- Optimize fleet operations processes and align with fleet service provider.
- Oversee and work closely with local fleet administrators. Communicate with Senior Fleet Administrators in other markets to share best practices and provide support when needed.
- Coordinate in-fleeting and de-fleeting vehicles into the local market with the Fleet Steering Manager.
- Monitor fleet and provide recommendations for optimizing utilization based on patterns, trends and common issues.
- Assist in new release testing of the network/backend technology when needed.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with logistics, fleet, dispatching or car sharing business.
- Previous B2B coordination and management a plus.
- Great working knowledge of the local city and surrounding areas.
- Management and coordination of a fleet of vehicles over 200.
- A knack for problem solving, troubleshooting and finding creative solutions.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills.
- Hands on mentality.
- Qualities required to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment: adaptability, tolerance for change, patience for constantly improving processes and procedures.
- Experience using a variety of PC related systems (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Explorer, Outlook) .
- Knowledge and use of mobile apps for fleet services and fleet management tools.
- Ability to work outside in the field when necessary.
- Supervision of up to 15 out-of-office service personnel.
- Possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license to operate motor vehicles.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- 24/7 on-call availability when after-hours support is necessary.
- Technical/mechanical knowledge of vehicles (preferably incl. electric vehicles).