Senior ESCC Systems Specialist
Las Vegas, Nevada
2017-06-19 Job ID: 8988 Category: Technology
- Oversees the overall stability of the ESCC Computer and Network infrastructure.
- Provides expert 7X24 hour support for the ESCC and Network Infrastructure.
- Resolves ESCC system problems and initiates long term solutions in a team environment.
- Coordinates and collaborates the implementation of new solutions with internal and external departments.
- Maintains knowledge of current system technology and investigates current developments in systems and assimilates functional experience with new software technologies to improve business processes.
- Leads activities related to the installations and maintenance of ESCC Computer and Network infrastructure.
- Provides work direction and technical assistance to less experienced staff.
- Ensures that all Electric System Control Center’ s computer systems are functioning as designed.
- Provides security to the ESCC Computer and Network Infrastructure mandated by the Critical Infrastructure Protection program.
- Works with external department to ensure that Computer Systems are in compliance with NERC and FERC regulations.
- Ensures all compliance aspects of position are known and followed;
- Understands and complies with all policies, procedures, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited school and 6 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of Control Center computing operation, networking: Juniper, databases: Oracle, Microsoft Windows and Linux Operating Systems, proprietary EMS and DMS software, VMWare.
- Demonstrated experiences in Software Release Management, Network Configuration, Firewalls, Routers, Data Base Administration, Application Development, Operating Systems, and Computer Hardware.
- Demonstrated organization, time management and communication skills.