Senior Drafting Specialist
2017-06-07 Job ID: 8841 Category: Professional
- Provides expertise in a specialized field.
- Acts as a resource to generalist personnel to investigate and resolve problem situations or complex issues.
- Researches, analyzes, develops and implements new programs, systems and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
- Develops and maintains operational and procedural documentation.
- Create and develop detailed and complex designs that are ready for construction.
- Interpret field mark-ups and engineering drawings per detailed drawings from engineering and department standards/guidelines.
- Design utilizing standards to update existing plan and profile drawings.
- Train, monitor, and provide guidance to less experienced drafters.
- Prepare plans, material lists, and drawings for both capital and maintenance work.
- Prepare as-built drawings for emergency work and designs performed by third parties.
- Perform technical and complex engineering-related assignments.
- Resolve internal and external customer issues
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of related experience.
- Knowledge of engineering specifications and drawings, established drafting and design techniques.
- Knowledge of current technologies, tools, systems, and vendors.
- General EDMS knowledge.