Senior Data Architect
- Prepare and document data migration requirements to facilitate development, testing, and execution.
- Support the data conversion team in data analysis of legacy system data to and provide timely results to internal/external teams to help accelerate legacy data corrections and/or formalization of business rules for effective data migration.
- Participate in discussions with subject matter experts and technical leads to understand the requirements and define the conversion methodology for each migration
- Maintain database conversion standards and perform data conversion script reviews to ensure quality.
- Support the conversion team in the design and implementation of conversion artifacts unit testing to ensure smooth transition to System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Continue to refine and enhance data migration strategy to ensure maximum operating efficiency and minimize migration timelines.
- Mentor data conversion leads and data analysts in enhancing their skills.
- 7 years of experience in performing large scale data migration of mainframe and relational data, including identifying and analyzing source data, transforming source data into the required format, loading the transformed data into the target system and validating all source data is tracked and transformed.
- 5 years of experience with ETL and other tools used for large-scale data conversions.
- 3 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Oracle 11g / 12c and MS SQL Server 20xx experience is a must.
- Sound understanding of data reconciliation processes and methods for ensuring high quality converted data for a smooth transition from the legacy to the newly instituted system
- Significant experience demonstrated proficiency in various aspects of database programming and/or related technologies that encapsulate SQL, including Triggers, Procedures, Functions and Packages.
- Demonstrable experience in query / ETL optimization, debugging, and performance tuning for improving the end-to-end timing / performance for data migrations.
- Excellent communication (oral / written) skills and the ability to interact with multiple teams and customers in a diverse setting encompassing both technical and non-technical users.
- Must be willing to work independently and/or as part of a team in an energetic, team-oriented environment managing systems of varying size/complexity with a fast turn-around time.
- Ability to apply innovation, creativity, and improvement to the data migration/support processes and to be able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Must be willing to travel to custom locations both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.