Research Lab Technician
Post Date: 05/05/2017 2017-05-05 Job ID: 8556 Category: Health
- Daily processing of blood and bone marrow samples. This would include ficol and lyse procedures and include centrifugation, cell counting, and aliquoting of specimens (cells and plasmas/serum) into vials for future retrieval.
- This individual would also be expected to maintain the database (excel) of incoming samples on a daily basis.
- This individual would be expected to retrieve samples at designated pick up points on the downtown campus
- This individual would be expected to locate (with direction) and gather stored (frozen) samples as needed for studies.
- Shift: M-F, 8-5.
- Must exhibit a solid understanding of lab techniques, equipment, and safety.
- Must have good communication and team work skills and be able to multitask in a very busy sample processing group.