Research Lab Technician
- Receives direction from Principal Investigator, Supervisor, and senior lab personnel.
- Works cooperatively with other research staff in own and related labs.
- Interacts with vendors of supplies and equipment and personnel from various departments within our Client such as Research Administrative Services, Medical Graphics, Engineering, Facilities, Accounting, etc.
- Sets up and performs routine and established lab procedures in support of lab goals, grant commitments, i.e. assays, cell/tissue culture, animal studies, etc.
- Monitors results, reports unusual outcomes and suggests modifications.
- Collects, enters and summarizes data.
- Assists in the maintenance of lab equipment and supplies.
- Performs basic statistical data analysis; prepares tables/charts/graphs and assists in organizing data.
- Presents at research laboratory meetings and contributes to writing of manuscripts.
- Works under supervision and may perform some assignments independently as discussed and approved by Principal Investigator.
- Requires bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or other relevant science.
- Must exhibit a solid understanding of lab techniques, equipment, and safety.
- Must have the ability to organize and carry out laboratory techniques independently and in a team setting.
- Experience with basic data analysis is required.
- This position requires demonstrated writing skills.
- The lab in the Department of Neuroscience with our Client seeks a research technician to assist in studies of neurodegenerative diseases using mouse models.
- The projects focus on Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias with the aims of discovering novel genetic modifiers and potential therapeutic targets.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in genotyping PCR, molecular techniques (DNA and protein gel electrophoresis, Westerns, etc), and mouse colony management.