Post Date: 03/21/2017 Job ID: 8118 Category: Professional
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Upon receipt of an approved requisition to hire, conducts a consultative intake session with the hiring manager to set expectations and timelines for the recruiting process, create desired candidate profile, develop sourcing strategy and establish desired communication protocol with the hiring manager.
- Use of creative sourcing strategies to obtain an acceptable pool of well-qualified candidates and to meet client hiring goals.
- Utilize behavioral interviews and validated assessment tools as needed to screen qualified candidates for a final slate to present to the hiring manager, Screening and interviewing candidates to meet client needs and recommending only those meeting the established criteria.
- Organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects including requisition management, reporting on status and metrics, compliance with applicant flow activities, and effective communications with hiring managers and candidates.
- Articulate value proposition and benefits of working for our client in a meaningful and accurate way to candidates.
- Willingness to participate in special projects and/or process improvement efforts as needed.
- Pro-active in ensuring a positive candidate/applicant experience, regardless of status or outcome.
- Building strong relationships with client (hiring managers), HR, candidates, peers within the recruiting and within partner organizations.
- Consult with the hiring manager in making the final candidate selection for an offer and work with the hiring manager and HRBP as needed to develop the offer package,
- Extend and negotiate the offer package,
- Initiate and monitor background checks,
- Enter all applicant flow and recruiting information in the Recruiting System and provide new hire information to the appropriate Hewitt HR Administrative processing contacts in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- Bachelor' s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience including a strong recruitment/staffing background. Experience must display a proven track record of conducting effective and timely searches.
- Experience in cold calling, candidate development and directly sourcing candidates from competitors including using standard sourcing tools (corporate websites, general job boards, professional associations, agencies, college postings and alumni organizations, open houses) to build candidate pipelines strongly preferred. Should have strong understanding of technology based positions.
- Demonstrated assessment skills in effectively evaluating candidates (training in behavioral event or competency based interviewing a plus)
- Strong communication skills
- Effective consulting skills in working with manager to VP levels in setting recruiting expectations, developing an effective sourcing strategy, evaluating candidates and providing competitive market analysis
- Ability to use technology effectively and efficiently to manage workload. Working knowledge of automated recruiting systems required; working knowledge of Taleo is a plus, Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and ability to create documents, reports and briefing materials in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of employment law and compliance requirements
- Experience recruiting for IT positions. The contractor will be focusing on a lot of Java and QA roles.