Post Date: 04/24/2017 Job ID: 8418 Category: Health
- coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care.
- The RN supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- The RN will function within the Mayo Nursing Care Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients.
- The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN.
- The RN provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts.
- The RN delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources.
- Shift: 7a-5p
- The RN possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects.
- Associates degree or diploma in Nursing.
- One year of RN experience in an applicable care setting is also required.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BN) from an accredited nursing program preferred. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BN) preferred.
- One year RN experience within the last five years preferred. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Computer skills required, prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends and on-call.
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work setting.
- Demonstrated leadership, effective communicator, and excellent critical thinking skills.
- Current RN licensure,
- Basic Life Support certification is required.
- Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
- Highly preferred to have GI experience or Ambulatory Surgery Center experience.
- Must be able to provide moderate sedation.
- Perferred provation charting, not required.
- 2+ years’ experience preferred.