2017-06-22 Job ID: 9059 Category: Health
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations and policies, procedures and standards
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements to achieve clinical, satisfaction and/or efficiency outcomes
- Demonstrates commitment to the principles of the patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) and utilizes the nursing process to coordinate outcome focused patient care and achieve our Client' s nursing vision
- Understands and incorporates holistic nursing theory based on Watson' s theory of caring aligning with the practice standards of the American Holistic Nurses' Association and our Client’ s nursing patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) in order to achieve our Client’ s nursing vision
- Communicates effectively with patient/family, physicians, the interdependent team and other disciplines regarding the plan of care
- Identifies and documents learning needs of the patient and family and provides individualized education
- Actively participates in creating and implementing, improvements at the point of care to achieve clinical quality, patient experience, nursing engagement and efficiency and effectiveness outcomes
- Complies with regulatory requirements, patient safety requirements, infection control practices and other established practice standards, policies and procedures
- Participates in the development and achievement of unit goals (safety, cost, quality, patient experience, employee engagement)
- Coordinates the interdependent team while promoting collaborative teamwork and cooperation
- Collects and analyses pertinent data and/or clinical findings. Incorporates clinical findings and scientific evidence in the development, coordination and implementation of an individualized plan of care to achieve desired outcomes.
- Evaluates progress towards goals and outcomes identifying opportunities for improvement and change.
- Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (use a mouse, navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Evaluates and/or assists in the evaluation of practice in relation to existing evidence identifying opportunities for the generation and use of research
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide holistic, compassionate, safe, high quality, population based care.
- Demonstrates practices that support safety with recognition of variations in populations served, preventing harm to patients, families, employees, and themselves.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional.
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
- Associate' s degree in Nursing required. BSN/BAN degree preferred
- Valid license to practice registered nursing in Minnesota through the Minnesota Board of Nursing
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers
- Valid ACLS through the American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers required
- One year Acute Care RN experience required.
- One year current ER experience is required. Will consider equivalent Critical Care and Telemetry experience.
- TNCC certification within 12 months of hire
- PALS/ENPC certifications required within 18 months of hire