RN - OB - Travel
Post Date: 04/18/2017 Job ID: 8375 Category: Health
- The registered nurse (RN) is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, patient education, and discharge planning.
- The RN provides nursing care to patients and their significant others using an interdisciplinary approach across the continuum of care.
- The RN uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate all phases of nursing care for assigned patients from admission through discharge.
- The RN provides leadership in various roles that include, but are not limited to preceptor role, lead/charge nurse, and committee member.
- The American Nurses Association (ANA) Scope and Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics for Nurses provide a basis for practice.
- OB unit with 1500 deliveries annually, C-section suite and SCN on the unit. OB RN who is labor/delivery trained and postpartum trained.
- Prefer scrub or circulating trained RN.
- Shift: Straight nights, 7p-7a.
- Flexibility (works flexible hours, which include days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends)
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Leadership, problem solving, verbal and written communication, and team building
- Basic improvement concepts and techniques
- Active RN license or ability to practice professional nursing in the relevant state
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred
- Current BLS certification
- ACLS preferred
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) required
- BSN preferred
- Basic fetal monitoring course.