RN - ER - Travel - MN/WI
Post Date: 06/09/2017 Job ID: 8866 Category: Health
- The registered nurse (RN) is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care.
- The RN supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- The RN will function within the Nursing Professional Practice Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients.
- The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN.
- The RN provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal and formal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts.
- The RN delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability and availability of resources.
- The RN possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects.
- The Austin ED has 16 beds and sees about 18, 000 patients per year. Level IV Trauma Center We see a variety of patient types and have an Urgent Care next door, so higher acuity patient mix in ED.
- There is a charge nurse on duty 12 hours per day. We are orienting nurses currently.
- The current Electronic medical record is Cerner and will be moving to EPIC in Nov.
- We are seeking an experienced ED RN to help us for 8 and 12 hour shifts.
- Hours per week are varied, will be a minimum of 32 hr/wk but can go up to 40 hr/wk some weeks, but will be rotating shifts- night, day and evening hours. Weekend rotation need also. The hours that are needed will be requested approximately 4 weeks ahead of time.
- Graduate of a baccalaureate Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited nursing program.
- If graduation did not occur within the last two years, one year of RN experience in an applicable care setting is also required.
- Exceptions to this may be made in the MCHS sites prior to a law change requiring accreditation expected in 2018. If graduated from a nursing program that was not accredited by ACEN or CCNE, at least one year of RN experience (within the last 5 years) in an applicable care setting is required.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Computer skills required, prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends and on-call.
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work setting.
Demonstrated leadership, effective communicator, and excellent critical thinking skills