Quality Assurance Engineer
Oak Brook, Illinois
Involved in requirements analysis, test planning activities, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and execution of all testing required to ensure that the software is of the highest quality. Testing levels may include application integration, system, system/network integration and acceptance testing; may also include non-functional testing such as performance, volume, load and fallback. Software process professionals are involved in driving the corporate CMM process improvement programme and in assessing and reporting on the software development processes adopted by projects through audits, reviews and inspections.
Primary Job Duties
- Responsible for providing the planning, integration, casing, scripting, and execution of all testing required of a single software change or project.
- Reviews business requirements and designs specifications for low to moderately complex changes/systems for completeness and testability.
- Develops and maintains test plans, test environments, test cases, test scripts and/or workflow usage.
- Conducts testing using company-specific, manual or automated processes.
- Executes test scripts/cases and communicates the results of testing.
- Prepares and maintains test case documentation which may include alignment to client configurations.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical and operational problems on installed networks, systems or products.
- Documents all problems and works to resolve them. Reports progress on problem resolution to management. Implements pre-determined improvements to current procedures and reports on success of changes. Performs work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
- Prepare SQA plans for projects according to documented procedure.
- Works with the software project during its early stages to establish plans, standards, and procedures.
- Reviews projects software engineering activity to verify compliance.
- Audits designated software work products to verify compliance.
- Implements collection of software metrics.
- Escalates software process issues to appropriate levels of management.
- Provides guidance or specialized services that directly support or affect results.
- Typically works as a member of a a single QA or Process team.
- Works on projects/changes of minimal to medium complexity.
- Accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
- Works independently within defined parameters, taking ownership of problems within own area of knowledge.
- Decisions taken are made within guidelines set by others.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements to immediate manager.
- Works under direct supervision, carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum company standards and end-user requirements.
- Tests modules of medium software products or smaller stand-alone software products to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Software Process: Under direct supervision, this role will perform the corporate CMM process improvement programme, with primary emphasis on SQA, for small projects.
- Python, Robot framework experience is a must
- Minimally three years of testing experience or equivalent, testing large distributed system.
- GUI automation experience is a strong want