Rochester, New York 14694
- Responsible for providing the planning, integration, casing, scripting, and execution of all testing required of a single software change or project.
- Reviews business requirements and design specifications for low to moderately complex changes/systems for completeness and testability.
- Develops and maintains test plans, test environments, test cases, test scripts and/or workflow usage.
- Conducts testing using company-specific, manual or automated processes.
- Executes test scripts/cases and communicates the results of testing.
- Prepares and maintains test case documentation which may include alignment to client configurations.
- May assist with diagnosing and resolving technical and operational problems on installed networks, systems or products.
- Documents all problems and works to resolve them. Reports progress on problem resolution to project management.
- Implements pre-determined improvements to current procedures and reports on success of changes.
- Prepare quality assurance plans for projects according to documented procedure.
- Works with the software development team to establish plans, standards, and procedures.
- Reviews software engineering activity to verify compliance.
- Audits designated software work products to verify compliance.
- Implements collection of software metrics.
- Escalates software process issues to appropriate levels of management.
- Will work as a single QA person on the agile software development team.
- Accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
- Works closely with project lead, scrum master, developers, and business analysts to understand the system and take ownership of problems within own area of knowledge.
- Works independently and carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum company standards and end-user requirements.
- Tests modules of software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.