- Reviews all print and web material created by in-house agency to ensure it meets the highest editorial standards, adheres to corporate style, conveys company voice, and is consistent with corporate brand positioning.
- Edits all copy to ensure it adheres to Humana's voice and brand positioning.
- Ensures all copy is consistent, accurate, and adheres to Humana's style standards.
- Copyedits and/or proofreads all written communications for usage and grammar.
- Communicates all edits and comments effectively to colleagues.
- Maintains Humana's communications style guide.
- Helps ensure awareness and educate fellow team members and some clients on style guidelines and editorial standards.
- Serves as liaison to the legal department to keep an updated list of all Humana's registered and service marked trade names.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all Humana's product lines, business channel communications needs, and major legal and compliance guidelines.
- Understands the demands of colleagues across different disciplines—design, account management, traffic, product, and electronic communications—and finds innovative ways to support their needs.
- Serves as an effective and valued member of a team.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with concentration in English, journalism, communications, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a copyeditor/proofreader in a high-volume communications department or advertising agency.
- Excellent editing, proofreading, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage a high volume of work simultaneously; ability to function with a considerable degree of independence.
- Excellent command of English grammar and Associated Press style rules.
- Strong communications skills a must.