New York, New York
Post Date: 07/10/2017 Job ID: 9266 Category: Professional
- Project manage the marketing work streams and key initiatives across the marketing department
- Organize and gather information from various teams and meetings and report that information, along with recommendations, to the Marketing leadership team.
- Typical scope of the projects will be less than 12 months, involve fewer than 10 FTEs which are cross functional. Successful completion of these projects is critical to the company meeting its objectives.
- The Project Manager works with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and complete software development and implementation projects.
- Gathers, analyzes, translates and delivers information in clear, concise and meaningful formats based on specific project and/or program requirements and according to established project management corporate standards.
- Plan, develop, manage and implement project plan to meet business needs and make decisions to carry out the plan.
- Interpret organizational and business goals, policies and practices; develop and implement project scope, goals, objectives, policies and priorities;
- Facilitate and manage the integration and coordination of systems, processes, staff and resources;
- Provide direction, leadership and act as an information and support source for project team members.
- Define, document, and execute projects of lower risk, complexity and visibility, and actively participate in all phases of the project
- Manage one or more projects of small to medium size and complexity;
- Oversee project activities in compliance with program priorities and the utilization of resources in order to carry out the goals and objectives.
- Monitor project status to ensure progress toward completion; modifies project plan as necessary in response to unforeseen or unexpected development and informs management; Coordinates changes with team members;
- Define and document process; Produce all project documentation - detailed project plans, work plans, schedules, project estimates, conversion schedules, resource plans and status reports
- Deliver projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality.
- Proactively identify and manage project risks and issues and take steps to mitigate or avoid.
- Recommend solutions to any issues that change the scope of the project or negatively impact its delivery or cost. (I.e., proactively manage project scope and change process.)
- Actively participate in all phases of the project or specific phases of larger projects.
- Effectively manage project team conflicts and stakeholder relationships.
- Prepare project budget and make recommendations to management; Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances or recommend solutions to senior management as appropriate.
- Consult with appropriate staff to resolve issues; Identify and minimize risks; develop contingency plans and identify opportunities to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable standards and policies.
- Represent project team in meetings and work sessions regarding project status including facilitating and working effectively to develop consensus within divergent groups or divergent viewpoints; provide status and progress reports;
- Assist in clarifying expected outcomes and managing expectations.
- BS/BA required. MBA desired.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Project Management/Planning experience. (3+ years preferred)
- PMP certification desired.
- 1-3 years of technical project management experience
- Must have good analytical problem solving skills
- Proactive personality and proven leadership skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle(s)
- Above average organization, interpersonal, & communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Experience interacting with internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Experience building successful client relationships or internal team relationships
- Ability to design programs and tasks
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend program improvements
- Outstanding attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture.
- Experience managing geographically diverse teams.