Post Date: 03/13/2017 Job ID: 8059 Category: Professional
The Project Manager is a field based role responsible for the successful implementation of new-to-world innovations in the acute care hospital setting. The role is responsible for customer communication, project planning, on-site implementation, resource allocation, and coordination of new product introduction.
The ideal candidate will have prior project management, healthcare or IT industry experience. The position requires 50% travel depending on geographic location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide strong proactive leadership in the execution of Product implementation projects. Strong leadership characteristics must be shown in all aspects of project execution, including interactions with the customer’ s project team, (which includes interfacing with both clinical and administrative hospital stakeholders,) Our client' s sales and service team members, and our client' s management.
- Deliver strong project management skills, especially the management of scope and deliverables across multiple, concurrent projects. Communicate effectively the project status and action plans for multiple, concurrent projects. Utilize internal project management software tools and methodologies.
- Engage customer clinical, service and support teams through training to understand both the quality, patient experience, and clinical drivers of changing practice as well as the specific product features. (I hope you can wordsmith this better than this… I’ m trying to rush here but the key is I want this person to be able to explain to everyone on the floor WHY the hospital is doing this before delivering product training
- Utilize excellent communication skills to build consensus and influence others across multiple internal and customer organizations.
- I want to say something here about helping the internal team identify best practices for full-scale implementation. For example, tools that would improve implementation process, training needs,
- Proactively identify, communicate, and resolve customer issues that threaten the success of the project both internally and at the customer site. Candidate must show the ability to manage customer issues in a proactive manner and provide customer-focused solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Consults with multi-disciplinary customer groups and staff levels regarding best practices and clinical processes.
- Provide thought leadership on topics that add value and ROI related to project management, system implementations, and hospital/clinical best practices.
- Ensure that customer configurations conform to product design principles and standards, are logical, and model the customer’ s needs.
- Utilize effective change management best practices in leading product implementation projects. Follow established internal implementation standards and best practices in the conduct of assigned projects, including design standards, communication standards, and scope management standards.
- When necessary, document or add to implementation standards, processes, and best practices based on experiences for departmental benefit. Create and adhere to defined and mutually agreed upon project plans. Proactively identifies out of scope opportunities during the execution of implementation projects and pursues them in concert with the appropriate team members.
- Assist in measuring customer satisfaction during and after implementations.
- Provide internally-focused product development recommendations based on customer input received.
- Utilize positive people skills when providing work direction and status review for assigned project team members. Collaborate and seek guidance from internal functional and technical groups/resources required to achieve job objectives.
- Meet or exceed established PMO metrics including revenue forecasting, assigned project reporting/deliverables, customer revenue/project count loads, and customer satisfaction reporting.
- Travel 30 – 50% depending on geographic location.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’ s degree in a business, health care or technical field.
- Acute care, health care environment experience desired.
- PMP or other industry related certification(s) desired.
- Project management experience, preferably within healthcare, IT, or construction industries.
- Strong PC literacy including knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS, CRM, MS Project, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint, and other PM related software tools. Is this necessary? Maybe a nice to have? At a minimum Microsoft Office suite, I’ m not sure if Project is needed, although it would be huge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to customer care and building long-term relationships.
- A professional, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong consultative approach to project management.
- Demonstrated track record in facilitation of large, diverse groups to reach a consensus agreement on process.
- Demonstrated track record of managing a defined sequence of tasks to completion within aggressive schedules, through individual effort and coordination of the work of others.
- Demonstrated track record on managing multiple, concurrent projects/initiatives to completion with aggressive schedules and managing multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each “ Essential Duty” satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.