Specific Job Details:
Post Date: 08/03/2017 2017-08-03 Job ID: 9591 Category: Professional
- Works as part of a production unit within our Client’ s Division of Media Support Services.
- Is responsible for the creation, modification and/or output of our Client’ s publishing-related materials.
- Receiving work from other members of our division or our Client’ s colleagues, this individual confirms that files are built in a manner most technically suitable for the output or display of information.
- They provide ongoing monitoring of processes and technologies and recommend improvements in support of this goal: Providing technical solutions that allow for the efficient and quality production/processing of published materials.
Specific Job Details:
- Assists with the design, production and creation of visual materials for the Office of Patient Education.
- The primary focus will be creating publications for print: flyers, booklets, and brochures.
- The Production Designer performs and assists with image manipulation, file preparation, information layout, managing proofing cycles, and direct customer consultation.
- Most tasks will be routine and pre-defined, using templates and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Shift: M-F, 8-5 (flexible on start and end times, but needs to be during normal business hours.)
- 2 Year AA (Associates Degree) in layout, design, html or media-related field and a minimum of 3 years work experience in a production/publishing related field or 7 years work experience in a production/media-related field.
- Incumbents must demonstrate good technical production skills, efficiency and a thorough knowledge of the equipment and publishing software within their work unit.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Highly motivated.
- Uses common sense and technical savvy to problem solve.
- Pays close attention to detail and follow through.
- Able to manage multiple production tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven environment filled with ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Strong human relation skills.
- Two-year degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Two-year minimum employment in a graphics-related field required.
- Candidates must have a thorough knowledge of typography, type design, form and color theory, proportion and balance, photographic and computer imaging techniques and layout skills.
- Candidate must be proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite of desktop publishing tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Word is beneficial.
- Top Skills: 1) InDesign 2) Photoshop 3) Adobe Acrobat 4) Microsoft Word 5) Pre-press or print processes experience