Product Quality Engineer
Cary, North Carolina
Post Date: 07/14/2017 2017-07-14 Job ID: 9338 Category: Technology
- Serve as key point of contact for Tier 2 escalations for the CWS division product lines.
- Perform technical issue analysis on live/test installs utilizing all available tools and evidence to determine root cause.
- Participate in technical system design discussions with customer IT, MIS or biomed departments, installation contractors, and other trades as required.
- Test and/or support installation of interfaces between Communications and Patient Safety systems and customer’ s interfaces, such as ADT, PBX, hand held wireless systems, RTLS, voice interfaces, etc.
- Perform qualification of interfaces to new equipment and revisions to existing interfaces.
- Validate procedures and report on results to QA/RA as required for release testing and product training.
- Support technical writers in developing and reviewing technical documentation.
- Travel as needed to customer sites for on-site troubleshooting and system installation support.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to gain higher efficiency in resolving and prioritizing issues.
- Create and approve KB articles.
- Maintain awareness of FDA requirements, clinical requirements, and our Client’ s operating procedures that affect the product in assignment areas, and provides input on deficiencies in the product with regard to these standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The education and experience requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience with 1-3 years in a technical support role providing onsite/remote service to end user devices and clients, along with industry specific technical certification i.e. A+, N+, MCP, MCSA, etc.
- Demonstrated skill working with multiple generations of Windows Server Platforms and Linux OS.
- Prefer experience with database administration and infrastructure/design to include certification/training in Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with remote applications, MS Office, AutoCAD, Visio, etc.
- Strong organization skills, detail oriented, and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills, excellent verbal and written capabilities. Ability to ask probing, relevant questions that elicit useful evidence while demonstrating tact.
- Hands on experience configuring and reconstructing distributed systems in a live or laboratory environment.
- Experience with firewall devices a plus.
- Knowledge of VOIP and wireless technologies a plus.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills and ability to apply concepts of logic and scientific method in analyzing system behavior.
- 2-3 year minimum working experience in a technical product development, sustaining or support environment required. Health care industry a plus. Experience working in a FDA regulated environment a plus.
- Ability to follow quality control procedures in support of product commercialization.
- Strong organization skills, detail oriented, and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization (both within Hospitals and with third party contractors) required.
- Possess a broad knowledge of corporate business practices, strategies and business objectives.
- Ability to effectively work within a team environment where team achievement supersedes individual achievement.
- Experience with creating and reviewing KB technical documentation using Knowledge Centered Service (KCS).
- Foundational or better knowledge in most of the following areas:
- Knowledge of Logical and Physical Data Modeling and development techniques using various tools.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL Server 2008R2, 2014 and 2016 administration.
- Strong working knowledge of database performance and monitoring tools.
- Experience in ETL (extract, transform and load) processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in Report Generation using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or similar tool, e.g. Tableau.
- Experience with Data Mining for Business Intelligence using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in setting best practices and standards to be followed for all database tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in problem analysis, design, problem solving, data analysis and working with database developers to drive a problem to resolution.