Physical Therapist Travel Acute Care
Rancho Mirage, California
2017-05-04 Job ID: 8534 Category: Health
- Administers and directs support staff to administer patient treatment as prescribed by a physician.
- Participates in programs to enhance the quality of patient care, and other department functions.
- Provides mentorship to new employees and student clinical instruction.
- Is responsible for 100% patient care and performs other duties as assigned.
- 10-12 hour shifts
- Physical Therapy Supervisor/Director of Rehabilitation Services
- Physical Therapy Assistants/Aides/Volunteers
- Ages of Patients
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Moderate Potential
- Preferred: Bachelor’ s Degree or certificate or better
- Required: CA Physical Therapist license or licensed applicant. CPR
- Required: Successful completion of curriculum and internship.
- Basic Physical Therapy Skills.
- College level writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and ability to administer all department modalities, programs, and protocols appropriate to the age of the patients serviced.
- .Requires effective communication skills in dealing with patients, families and co-workers.
- Hospital-Wide Supporting Commitments
- Completes annual health, safety, compliance reviews and any department/hospital specific requirements within the expected timeframe.
- Corrects and/or reports any unsafe conditions to extension 4759 or email@example.com.
- Adheres to hospital and department safety and compliance policies and procedures.
- Understands the importance of immediately reporting on-the-job injuries online and to your supervisor.
- Wears identification badge at all times ensuring it can be read.
- Accepts responsibility for own work; develops trust and credibility with peers, supervisors & customers.
- Maintains sound judgment and reasoning; analyzes problems or procedures & selects correct course of action.
- Treats co-workers as teammates; accepts/supports team decisions and the roles of others.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality; participates in continuous quality improvement.
- .Engages in opportunities to learn and grow by participating in training and educational programs.
- Acknowledges each person in a friendly contact & offers assistance as needed.
- Provides an enhanced level of service by taking immediate action in addressing customer requests, needs, and concerns.
- Uses pleasant/appropriate tone and positive verbal/nonverbal/written communication at all times.
- Answers telephone by identifying department and name; and asks “ How may I help you?”
- Treats everyone with courtesy and respect, not making excuses nor blaming other employees or departments; works together to improve customer service.
- Maintains a professional image and a clean, orderly environment that portrays an overall image of excellence.
- Promotes a culture of healing by creating a quiet, calm, pleasant and cheerful environment.
- Demonstrates compassion when dealing with difficult situations & takes initiative to resolve.
- Creates a positive environment by not engaging in inappropriate communication.
- .Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude and embraces the culture of performance excellence.
- Adheres to all hospital, division and departmental policies and procedures.
- Balances individual/team responsibilities to produce more efficiently. Helps others during slow periods.
- Adheres to all rules & standards around productivity, timeliness, overtime, & meal/rest periods.
- Provides helpful, courteous, timely, and accurate responses to all individuals & pays attention to detail.
- Makes a concerted effort to conserve hospital resources, i.e. electricity, supplies, water.