Rancho Mirage, California
- Administers and directs support staff to administer patient treatment as prescribed by a physician.
- Participates in programs to enhance the quality of patient care, and other department functions.
- Provides mentors ship to new employees and student clinical instruction.
- Is responsible for 100% patient care and performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Performs evaluation and established treatment plans based on age specific, cultural, and rehabilitative needs and in compliance of hospital licensing and accreditation standards and in compliance with the Physical Therapy Practice Act.
- Provides effective therapy treatments.
- Consistently and appropriately delegates patient treatment procedures and modalities.
- Provides safe and comprehensive discharge planning.
- Individual productivity meets department standards.
- Provides thorough, timely, professional, and consistent patient care documentation through HED.
- Documents evals., re-evals. progress notes, and D/C summaries per dept. policies
- Documents and adheres to # of treatments/authorized treatments
- Demonstrates appropriate, timely, and professional report writing to physicians
- Consistently updates weekly goals and SOAP notes per department policy
- Documentation demonstrates minimal to no grammatical errors, typos, etc.
- Provides clear documentation for missed treatments, gaps in treatment, etc.
- Documentation clearly indicates medical necessity and clinical progression towards safe/comprehensive D/C
- Demonstrates competency in utilizing all reports to manage caseload proactively
- Utilizes all resources to assist with patient flow as applicable (prints forms, schedules patients, etc.).
- Provides effective education and mentoring for student interns as assigned.
- Participates in special department programs.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary communication and coordination to maximize patient outcomes.
- Communicates positively, appropriately, and in a timely fashion to all communications including patients, co-workers, supervisors, other departments, physicians, etc.
- .Performs other duties as assigned.
- Physical Therapy Supervisor/Director of Rehabilitation Services
- Physical Therapy Assistants/Aides/Volunteers
- Ages of Patients
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Moderate Potential
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or certificate or better
- Required: CA Physical Therapist license or licensed applicant. CPR
- Required: Successful completion of curriculum and internship.
Specific Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required
- Basic Physical Therapy Skills.
- College level writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and ability to administer all department modalities, programs, and protocols appropriate to the age of the patients serviced.
- .Requires effective communication skills in dealing with patients, families and co-workers.
- Hospital-Wide Supporting Commitments
- Completes annual health, safety, compliance reviews and any department/hospital specific requirements within the expected timeframe.
- Corrects and/or reports any unsafe conditions to extension 4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adheres to hospital and department safety and compliance policies and procedures.
- Understands the importance of immediately reporting on-the-job injuries online and to your supervisor.
- Wears identification badge at all times ensuring it can be read.
- Accepts responsibility for own work; develops trust and credibility with peers, supervisors & customers.
- Maintains sound judgment and reasoning; analyzes problems or procedures & selects correct course of action.
- Treats co-workers as teammates; accepts/supports team decisions and the roles of others.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality; participates in continuous quality improvement.
- .Engages in opportunities to learn and grow by participating in training and educational programs.
- Acknowledges each person in a friendly contact & offers assistance as needed.
- Provides an enhanced level of service by taking immediate action in addressing customer requests, needs, and concerns.
- Uses pleasant/appropriate tone and positive verbal/nonverbal/written communication at all times.
- Answers telephone by identifying department and name; and asks “How may I help you?”
- Treats everyone with courtesy and respect, not making excuses nor blaming other employees or departments; works together to improve customer service.
- Maintains a professional image and a clean, orderly environment that portrays an overall image of excellence.
- Promotes a culture of healing by creating a quiet, calm, pleasant and cheerful environment.
- Demonstrates compassion when dealing with difficult situations & takes initiative to resolve.
- Creates a positive environment by not engaging in inappropriate communication.
- .Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude and embraces the culture of performance excellence.
- Adheres to all hospital, division and departmental policies and procedures.
- Balances individual/team responsibilities to produce more efficiently. Helps others during slow periods.
- Adheres to all rules & standards around productivity, timeliness, overtime, & meal/rest periods.
- Provides helpful, courteous, timely, and accurate responses to all individuals & pays attention to detail.
- Makes a concerted effort to conserve hospital resources, i.e. electricity, supplies, water.