Phlebotomy Technician - 3213
Post Date: 05/05/2017 2017-05-05 Job ID: 8545 Category: Health
- Performs venipuncture, collects blood, and provides appropriate post-care of phlebotomy site.
- Prepares various specimens for analysis while maintaining positive patient identification.
- Performs specimen processing in a safe, accurate, and professional manner.
- Performs order entry; retrieves and verifies patient collection data and patient special notations using appropriate sources.
- Cooperates with coworkers in the completion of assignments and sets priorities for specimen collection.
- Employs standard precautions, infection control, and proper isolation techniques.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Graduation from an accredited phlebotomy or medical assistant program required and/or a certification from AMT or ASCP.
- Must have 1+ year of experience with phlebotomy or specimen processing.
- Familiarity with lifespan growth and development, basic anatomy, physiology, and basic medical terminology.
- Above average communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to deal effectively with people in stressful situations.
- Ability to learn and utilize multiple computer systems.
- Experience in a clinical pathology environment preferred