Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Dispenses and distributed medications in accurate and timely manner while adhering to departmental policies and procedures and regulatory agencies (e.g., Minnesota Board of Pharmacy, Joint Commission, CMS).
- Fills and labels new medication orders accurately and within departmental time standards.
- Accurately fills and exchanges patient medication drawers.
- Prepares sterile products (both non-hazardous and hazardous) using appropriate aseptic technique while adhering to USP 797 requirements.
- Performs automated dispensing cabinet restocking duties to ensure the quality and appropriate quantity of medications are stocked.
- Performs bulk compounding and packaging duties to ensure an uninterrupted supply of medications while adhering to USP 795 requirements and Minnesota Board of Pharmacy Rules.
- Maintains neat and clean work area to promote patient safety and infection control.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to Identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Computer Skills Basic: Ability to use a computer and applications that are associated with performing basic work tasks (navigate in Windows, Outlook, etc).
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; utilizes appropriate tools and staff resources along with sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Professional Practice: Demonstrates behavior consistent with the standards, scope of practice, ethics, and characteristics of a licensed professional.
- Trade or Vocational Certification Completion of an ASHP accredited pharmacy technician training program or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Credentials Essential: Description: Registered Tech (RPhT) Qualification Source: MN Board of Pharmacy Preferred: Description: Certified Pharmacy Tech (CPhT) Qualification Source: Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Experience: Less than 1 year experience required. 1 to 3 years of hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Registered Tech (RPhT)
- Board of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Trade or Vocational Certification