Asheville, North Carolina
This position works with the operations pharmacist, operations supervisor and pharmacy technicians to coordinate, assemble and package patient orders for shipment. Responsible for maintaining the stock in the warehouse area in a clean and organized manner. Responsible for conducting physical inventory and daily cycle counts. Restocks the pharmacy picking areas.
- Retrieve shipping documents and labels from printers and organizing them for picking.
- Assist in the packing and shipping of medications.
- Track shipped packages making sure that patient is in receipt of shipped package.
- Report any packages that are not delivered.
- Organize shipping reports daily into file for review by Branch Manager.
- Receive non-pharmaceuticals via back dock.
- Ability to learn computer system and work with MS Word and Excel programs.
- Also responsible for other tasks related to placing purchase orders, receiving inventory, tracking and reconciling inventory balances, and selecting product and supplies under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- This position also has responsibility for managing all pharmaceutical product levels, maintaining adequate levels for dispensing as well as managing returned goods to SOP guidelines.Organized, detail orientated and problem solving skills important to the position.
- Ability to reach, twist, turn, bend, stoop and walk.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to use 10-key pad on computer; computer knowledge and typing of 20 wpm desired.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack desired.
- This position is physically demanding, must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a warehouse or purchasing environment, data entry experience helpful.
- Past experience in pharmacy a plus.
- Knowledge of packing and shipping with national carriers.
- Current pharmacy technician license or certification of training as required by individual State Pharmacy Regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED required.